West Campus Speech and Debate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Click here to visit the team website.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Exactly what is "the crossfire" in public forum?

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
isotope

isotope

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Exactly what is "the crossfire" in public forum? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exactly what is "the crossfire" in public forum?   Exactly what is "the crossfire" in public forum? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 6:36 pm

oh, i am a strong believer in violin and drums. you told me about your violin attempt. my theory is that once you can play vioilin, you can play just about anything. it's a pretty difficult instrument. (not braggin, of course) i believe i'm pretty good at it. you refer to it as " your expertise", you have...heard me, have you??? because that would make you magic.
Back to top Go down
http://isotope-americanpessimist.blogspot.com
Jim Morrison

Jim Morrison

Number of posts : 53
Location : burning in hell for meddling in things I ought not to have meddled in
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Exactly what is "the crossfire" in public forum?   Exactly what is "the crossfire" in public forum? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 6:46 pm

Ha...ha...ha.

I just figured you were good, and now I know for sure that you probably are.

...But being able to play other instruments well just b/c you played the violin?...I'd say that's maybe a half-truth. But like I said--I could help you play most anything--especially drums (although I'd really rather not because I want to jam with you, and if you become skilled in drums and not guitar, or piano or something, I won't be able to jam w/you).
Back to top Go down
isotope

isotope

PostSubject: Re: Exactly what is "the crossfire" in public forum?   Exactly what is "the crossfire" in public forum? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 6:47 pm

i'm not planning in becoming expert in much anything else. just able to mess around. it's that it seems to me that most things (i'm a liar?) are easy compared to violin.

oh, and i can't sing. and if i say i can, it's because i'm tone-deaf. i sing, just i don't, and hope, that no one's ever heard me.
Back to top Go down
Jim Morrison

Jim Morrison

Location : burning in hell for meddling in things I ought not to have meddled in

PostSubject: Re: Exactly what is "the crossfire" in public forum?   Exactly what is "the crossfire" in public forum? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 7:00 pm

I never called you a lair and you know that.

Secondly, bullshit. All girls can...well, actually I'll tell you a long, funny story on that subject some other time.
But mostly, if they try, they can all sing: pretty voices that guys lack. Even if you think you're bad at singing, you can learn how, and then you'd be the bomb.
Back to top Go down
isotope

isotope

PostSubject: Re: Exactly what is "the crossfire" in public forum?   Exactly what is "the crossfire" in public forum? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 7:03 pm

oh, i know you didn't call me a liar. i just have a tendency to inturupt myself.
ok, i will most definately try. i'm super shy about music and stuff.
i'm going to stop making excuses now, because i really would like to "jam." (love that word)

so tell me a funny sstory about it.
i'm loving how this went from cross ex to music.
Back to top Go down
Jim Morrison

Jim Morrison

PostSubject: Re: Exactly what is "the crossfire" in public forum?   Exactly what is "the crossfire" in public forum? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 7:05 pm

Seriously...I don't have time to tell it to you now--at fnb, okay?
Back to top Go down
Jim Morrison

Jim Morrison

PostSubject: Re: Exactly what is "the crossfire" in public forum?   Exactly what is "the crossfire" in public forum? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 8:49 pm

Actually, it turns out I do have time.

Okay, so, like, in the...6th grade I did this thing called "Stairway to Stardom." It's this program that is sponsored by Skip's Music, which was where I was taking drum lessons. Allright, so what they do in this program is they get a bunch of budding musicians together, between the ages of 10-19, and they form them all into bands. The bands then, all summer long pretty much, make up 3 songs together, give their band a name, do...aw, crap, I have to go. I'll finish the story though.
Back to top Go down
isotope

isotope

PostSubject: Re: Exactly what is "the crossfire" in public forum?   Exactly what is "the crossfire" in public forum? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 9:24 pm

ahhh! finish! wait...
tell me at FNB. i'm shunning the computer this weekend. yush!
Back to top Go down
Jim Morrison

Jim Morrison

PostSubject: Re: Exactly what is "the crossfire" in public forum?   Exactly what is "the crossfire" in public forum? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 12:03 pm

Sure, at fnb, but what's the deal w/the longass signiture?
Seriously, all the stuff we're talking about is now taking up like 3 pages just because of that signiture--and it's a little annoying.
Back to top Go down
isotope

isotope

PostSubject: Re: Exactly what is "the crossfire" in public forum?   Exactly what is "the crossfire" in public forum? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 8:57 pm

because i like it.
and you didn't tell me.
Back to top Go down
Classic
Admin
Classic

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: cross ex   Exactly what is "the crossfire" in public forum? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 8:43 am

basically get your opponent off guard with questions that leave them stuttering. make sure to get the opp to concede arguments

i have heard that this is the purpose of cross ex:

Neg cross ex: The negative asks for clarification, asks for repetition of certain points, and tries to set up the affirmative to admit damaging information.

Aff cross ex: Now it's the affirmative's turn to question the negative, asking for clarification and trying to lead him/her down an ivy-covered path to destruction.

cross fire is basically cross ex, but with all 4 speaking at the same time instead of just one person. and go ahead, be loud. you need to get your voice heard over the others' anyways (although that wouldn't look too polite to the judge.) your pick. loud or norm

Last edited by Classic on Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.wchs.t35.com
isotope

isotope

PostSubject: Re: Exactly what is "the crossfire" in public forum?   Exactly what is "the crossfire" in public forum? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 7:16 pm

haha...WOW.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exactly what is "the crossfire" in public forum?   Exactly what is "the crossfire" in public forum? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Exactly what is "the crossfire" in public forum?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2